Week 1 update
- Welcome to the 2023 Tufts Venture Accelerator!
- Important Information
- 3-Month Overview
- Sign up for Week 1 Bootcamp
Welcome to the Tufts Venture Accelerator 2023!
This summer, we are continuing the tradition of running two editions simultaneously:
- The Full-Time Edition (in-person at the Joyce Cummings Center with coworking space, dedicated coaching, mentor matching and more)
- The Part-Time Edition (remote only; access to most workshops and local social events as well as bookable office hours meetings)
Both Full-Time and Part-Time Editions will be receiving regular emails with important information and pro-tips. Any social events in the Boston area are also open to all FT and PT cohort members who are in the area.
Please make sure you bookmark the TVA2023 Landing Page. In addition, please complete the following tasks before our kickoff session on Tuesday, June 13 at 9:00 AM ET:
- Accept our invitation to join our Slack Workspace and drop a line in the #introduce-yourself channel.
- Review the WIP schedule on the TVA Calendar Page.
- Part-time and remote team members can sign up for educational workshop sessions. You will receive the Zoom link once you sign up.
- Whether you are full time or part time, if you are in the Boston area, join us for our in-person TVA Mixer and Social on June 13 at 5:00pm ET. Beverages and snacks will be served!
- Boston area teams are strongly encouraged to register and attend the Tufts Entrepreneurial Network (TEN)’s Boston Summer Kickoff at Remnant Brewery in Bow Market in Somerville on June 21 at 6pm ET.
Here is a preview of coming attractions.
- Week 1 is Bootcamp Week. Through a series of hands-on workshops, you will review and refine key elements of venture creation with your own venture as the focus.
- Weeks 2-5 is the Foundation Sprint. You will reprise your customer discovery journey, accumulating at least 50 additional stakeholder interviews. You will build a strong foundation for every aspect of your business. If you are in the Full Time cohort, you will pitch your ventures to an internal audience comprising your cohort members, mentors and coaches at the halfway point.
- Weeks 6-9 is the Refinement Sprint. You will be testing your product in the field and generating validation of purchase intent at your proposed pricing model from paying customers. You will refine key aspects of your business in 1×1 working sessions with subject matter experts in marketing, sales, product development, finance, legal and more. You will reprise your business planning materials.
- Week 10 will lead us to Demo Day. If you are in the Full Time cohort, you will pitch your ventures to an external audience comprising entrepreneurs, funders and supporters in the greater Boston ecosystem, at Tufts and beyond.
Join the 3-Day Bootcamp
And so, keep calm and follow the process, starting with a hybrid 3-day bootcamp starting at June 13, 2023 at 9:00am ET. Full-time cohort – please join us in the Venture Lab. Part-time and remote team members – please join us over Zoom (you will receive the Zoom link once you register for each session).
Let’s do this!