Are you an undergraduate student who has demonstrated entrepreneurial achievement by identifying a problem, developing a solution, and having impact?
If so, the Montle Prize for Entrepreneurial Achievement is just right for you.
The Montle Prize
Paul Montle (Class of 1969) created the Montle Prize for Entrepreneurial Achievement to commend outstanding undergraduate Tufts students who demonstrate entrepreneurial skills. An annual competition, the award helps kick-start entrepreneurial leaders in the business and nonprofit world.
This award is intended for undergraduate students with an entrepreneurial mindset and skillset, acquired through entrepreneurship courses, co-curricular events, competitions, and/or from experience working either individually or in a team on a new venture.
Winners are eligible to receive cash prizes of up to $15,000.
Recipients of the Montle Prize accept a future commitment to give back to Tufts University.
Info Sessions: TBD
Applications open: November 1, 2023
Deadline: November 15, 2023
Interviews: November 28, 2023
Senior Award – $15,000
This award is specifically for a senior who has shown strong personal growth in entrepreneurial mindset and skillset since freshmen year.
Most Progress in a New Venture – $10,000
This award is specifically for an individual who has shown strong progress in an entrepreneurial startup or new venture.
Best Demonstration of Grit – $10,000
Influenced by the book “Grit-The Power and Passion of Perserverance” by Angela Lee Duckworth, this award is specifically for an entrepreneur who has shown grit.
Eligibility and Applying
Who should apply?
Students who have developed new entrepreneurial ventures while studying as an undergraduate student at Tufts may apply based on their personal achievements in entrepreneurship.
People of color, women, and people within the LGBTQ+ community are encouraged to apply.
- Each applicant must be a current Tufts University undergraduate or a gap year student
- Application is for an individual
- Individual is not required to be part of a start-up team or currently working on a venture
Please note that previous winners of the Montle Prize are not eligible to apply.
Note: You can also enter both the Ideas Competition and the Tufts $100k New Ventures Competition–in fact, it’s encouraged!
- Does the student exude entrepreneurial passion and spirit?
- Does the student demonstrate mastery of an entrepreneurial skillset acquired through academics, cocurricular activities, working on ventures and more?
- Are you impressed with the student’s personal contributions and accomplishments in entrepreneurial endeavors – far more than expected for their level of experience?
- Are you impressed with how far this student has taken at least one of their ventures from a traction and progress standpoint?
- Are you impressed with this student’s ability to pivot and adapt through adversity?
- Is the student thoughtful about their planned use of the winnings and how they will give back to Tufts in the future?
- Anything else that particularly impressed you about this student?