Pitch your venture for a chance to win cash prizes valued at $100,000, and in-kind prizes valued at over $50,000!
The Tufts $100k
The $100k New Ventures Competition is the flagship venture competition at Tufts. Early stage innovators and entrepreneurs pitch their ideas in three tracks: General Technology, Social Impact, and Healthcare & Life Science. We welcome applicants across the Tufts community: Undergraduate and graduate students, recent alumni, faculty and staff across all 11 schools and colleges at Tufts. The competition culminates in live pitch competitions at the virtual semi-finals and finals.
What’s new in 2023:
- All semifinalist teams from each track will receive a $500 venture award and will be eligible to apply for a $5,000 AWS (Amazon Web Services) credit through Derby Entrepreneurship Center’s partnership with AWS.
- We will be hosting live watch parties for each track, as well as a pizza social prior to the event to enable those who are able to come to the Medford campus in person
Hybrid Info Sessions:
- January 26, 2023 at Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
- January 31, 2023 at Tufts School of Dental Medicine
- January 31, 2023 at Tufts University School of Medicine
- February 8, 2023 at Tufts SMFA
Applications open: February 1, 2023
Deadline: February 28, 2023
Semi-finals: March 9, 2023, 6-9pm ET
Finals: April 13, 2023, 6-9pm ET
Three Competition Tracks
Eligibility & Applying
Pitching & Judging Criteria
- The live semi-final and final pitches will be 5 minutes long with 5 minutes of Q&A from a panel of judges
- In addition to pitch practice, semi-finalists and finalists will be coached on lighting and audio/visual setup for the best virtual pitch possible
Judging Rubric for All Stages
- Problem: Does the team understand the problem and their target customer?
- Solution: Does the solution solve the problem in a unique manner compared to the alternative?
- Go to market strategy: Does the team have a credible and actionable go-to-market strategy?
- Financial sustainability: Is the proposed business model financially sustainable?
- Scale: Is the venture capable of scaling up to impact a large number of people?
- Impact: How is the world a better place if the team solves this problem?
- Team: Did the team convince the judges they are the right people to solve this problem?
- Presentation: Was the presentation engaging and effective?
- Wildcard: Did anything else particularly impress you?