Entrepreneurial Internship Program
The Entrepreneurial Internship Program is an opportunity for early stage startups, small businesses and nonprofits to engage Tufts student talent through our summer internship grant program.
You will have the opportunity to work with passionate and talented student interns while helping them learn about entrepreneurship in the field. Derby Entrepreneurship Center will be supporting students with a limited number of $4,500 internship grants for a 10-week internship.
Step 1: Check eligibility for the $4,500 program
Following are the employer eligibility requirements for the summer internship grant program.
The company must be less than 10 years old
The company must have between 1-30 Full Time Equivalent (FTE) employees
The company must commit to providing 1×1 mentorship to the student on a weekly basis
- The company agrees that the internship will serve as a learning opportunity for the student. Please consult the “Paid and Unpaid Internships” section of Tufts’ Employer Policies page to ensure you are in compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Step 2: Post a job
- Create a job listing, preferably on Tufts’s Handshake platform, which gets the best circulation with Tufts students and is the official job listing platform supported by the Tufts Career Office.
- Instructions on how to post a Handshake job may be found here. Please note that there may be an approval process for jobs to be listed. For Handshake job posting inquiries, please contact Willa Mayo, Recruiting Coordinator in the Tufts Career Center.
- Note that you can also use a link to a job listing on a platform of your choice (understanding that Handshake has better circulation).
- With the job listing link, you can now submit the internship job listings on our curated job list. Please do so by February 28, 2023.
Step 3: Interview and hire
- Arrange an interview with the Tufts student candidate according to your company’s normal hiring process.
- Extend an offer to selected student interns by March 13, 2023
Step 4: Confirm acceptance and start date
- Communicate with students by early April on grant funding
- Confirm start date with student intern by mid April