PROMOTING THE ADVANCEMENT OF RESEARCH AT TUFTS UNIVERSITY
The Ricci Prize
The Stephen and Geraldine Ricci Interdisciplinary Prize is awarded annually within the $100k New Ventures Competition. The purpose of the prize is to promote the advancement of research at Tufts through projects that assist in translation of research discoveries from the laboratory to applications that benefit society. To win the prize, students must demonstrate the commercial potential of the technology within their online application. Winners are selected that best demonstrate interdisciplinary engineering design and entrepreneurial spirit in their venture.
The winning team will receive a cash prize of $15,000, split evenly among the student team members.
- The team may consist of a minimum of two to a maximum of five members.
- At least two of the team members must be matriculated, degree-earning undergraduate or graduate students, or recent alumni (graduated within the last two years) from the Tufts University School of Engineering.
- Team members must represent at least two Tufts University School of Engineering departments, or two different Tufts schools.
- Non-Tufts team members are permitted, but Tufts engineering students must constitute at least half of the team.
- The team must have a faculty advisor in Tufts University School of Engineering.
- Demonstrates interdisciplinary engineering design and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Demonstrates commercial potential.>