Matt Whitehead helps entrepreneurs, early-stage companies, investors, and buyers and sellers complete equity and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, and investments in emerging and middle market companies.
Matt regularly advises entrepreneurs, investors, funds, emerging growth companies, and middle market companies on an array of general business and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financing, and joint ventures, licensing arrangements and strategic partnerships.
Matt also regularly counsels businesses on a broad range of general corporate and business planning matters, including entity formation, corporate governance, equity incentive plans, and commercial contracts.
- Represented buyer in acquisition of assets from California based global technology manufacturer of engineered thermal management materials.
- Represented owner of nursing homes in purchase of assets, real estate, and operational rights of six nursing homes across New England.
- Represented retail company in sale of intellectual property and various other assets to third party online retailer.
- Represented venture capital fund in various Series A equity investments in education technology companies.
- Represented water management solutions company in convertible debt and venture capital financings.
- Advised multiple emerging growth companies on all aspects of formation, governance, restructuring and debt and equity financing.
Prior to joining Feinberg Hanson in July 2017, Matt was an associate in the corporate department of Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP, where he primarily represented clients in mergers and acquisitions and equity financing transactions. Matt has been admitted to the Massachusetts and New Hampshire bars.
Matt holds a J.D. from Boston College Law School and a B.A. in Political Science and Environmental Studies from Tufts University.