← All Events
Entrepreneurial Workshop: Entrepreneurial Business Law (Recording available)
In this workshop, we will cover the fundamentals of startup law, including but not limited to the following key concepts:
- Legal structure: The difference between C-Corp, S-Corp and LLC; why most startups incorporate in Delaware; and what you need to know in order to file your incorporation paperwork.
- Intellectual property protection: The difference between patents, trademarks, copyright and trade secrets and when to apply which IP protection strategy
- Securities law for fundraising: The difference between grants, equity and debt; the difference between convertible notes, SAFEs and “lettered” or “priced” rounds
- Founder’s shares, employee stock option grants and more
- What you need to know before engaging a startup attorney
This session is led by Prof. Joe Volman of Derby Entrepreneurship Center.
Hosted by the Derby Entrepreneurship Center (DEC).
This Entrepreneurial Workshop Series is part of the Tufts Venture Accelerator. Full time accelerator cohort members will be in-person – everyone else is welcome to join by Zoom.